A look back over the unexpected challenges & opportunities of 2020 & 2021
- The Panther Creek Sunday 6-hour rented space was vacated in March 2020
- Live streaming worship from the office was created.
- The church property was already outfitted with a landscaped park space for student ministry. Additional temporary improvements were made.
- Live streaming moved to the outdoors in August 2020
- A tent was erected for rain protection
- Covid precautions were taken
- Worship times flexed to 3 PM to keep us warmer and to 9 AM to keep us cooler
- On-site attendance grew to about 180
- The tent was replaced with shade sails
- A focus on healthy Life Group & other smaller group environments was important for sustaining the body
- Several new families began joining us as they saw us worshipping outside on our property or were invited by friends.
- Nursery and NWKids space were initiated on-site
- The outside venue is used by many groups during the week
- A church-wide celebration for graduating seniors, baptisms and fellowship was on June 6
Learning – NWCC has demonstrated its flexibility, retaining relationships & connection, prioritizing the gathering of the church – while staying safe.